Tuesday 17 August 2010

Introducing Angela

My mate Jenny came up with this mad idea. At the time I dismissed it completely then a little I don't know what came over me, a little challenge I thought! A big bloomin' challenge. So that's how I became involved!

I thought I would do it for a reason, and make it worthwhile (I know it's her birthday but you know what I mean) so now I am being sponsored! More about that later!
My preparation so far has been walking to work (well once) and proudly texted everyone to say that I had managed 13 miles in 2 hours 50 mins! Jen got a minute by minute update! However .......... the next day I drove the same route and had to revise my distance. It was only 8.7 miles - damn those pedometers! That and another 2 hour walk has been my only prep. But by all accounts that's more than anyone else!


What I am looking forward to most about the walk is ....... the feeling of accomplishment. I have walked 7 hours over mount Tongariro in New Zealand in awful weather, feet soaked from the very first hour, being pushed on by a girl half my age. But what a feeling when I got to the other side! To be able to do it. That is what I am aiming to do.
What I am not looking forward to is if the weather is too cold or too hot, sleeping rough, aching body and feeling hungry and pretty much everything about it!
On the spiritual side I'll take whatever I can get. Let's hope God gives me some wings so I can fly it!





1 comment: